Grilled Lebanese Salad
- 8 Tomatoes.
- ½ Pound Fresh Mushrooms
- 2 Medium Red Onions
- 2 Medium Green Peppers
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 4 Cups Cubed Anny's Bread Factory's Mezonos Bread (3/4-in. Cubes)
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Powdered Garlic
- 1 Medium Cucumber, Peeled, Seeded and Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves, Thinly Sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Cut tomatoes and mushrooms in half. Cut onions and peppers into thick slices.
- In a large bowl coat the veggies with 4 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle with salt and garlic.
- Place bread cubes in another large bowl. Drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with thyme, oregano, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer vegetables to a grill wok. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Grill bread cubes, covered, over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted, turning occasionally.
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes, onions and peppers; place in a large bowl. Add the mushrooms, bread cubes, cucumber and basil; drizzle with vinegar and gently toss to coat.